Monday, February 11, 2008

Ski and Snowboard Demo and 2008-09 Preview


On snow demos February 7, Keystone Resort, Colorado

It was clear leaving Boulder but just after Georgetown on I 70 the wind kicked in and by the time I was approaching Loveland pass the snow was howling and dumping. Loveland Pass was closed so that option to drive into Keystone pass Arapahoe was gone. Onward through the tunnel to Silverthorne, take the first exit and head up to Keystone.

I had expected more snow on the hill based upon the drive. Arrived by midday with the plan to test the Dalbello Kryptonite Pro & Dalbello Il Moro ski boots. Last year I was duly impressed with the Dalbello Rampage and I am in search of a new boot. The Kryptonite, which was the model suggested proved too stiff for me and I swapped out for the Il Moro which was much more to my liking. The bling/bling looks are probably a little over the top with the chains and gold for my fashion taste, but still a very good fit and great performing boot.

The conditions were good, but not completely soft and buttery. There were patches of hard packed out snow with sections of easy carving soft snow. On the ski side I was able to get the K2 Apache Recon out and the Rossignol Z 15. Each performed well in the hard packed, groomed and soft snow. Look for more extensive comments tomorrow. I am skiing and riding with the test team from Ski Chalet, Sun and Ski Sports and Ski Stop. I have skied and tested with this retail group before and they have agreat feel for the market. Comments started with the Volkl line of the Unlimited 50 and the Volkl 12 Foot Tiger Shark receiving high marks. They had each switched these out and were impressed with the holding an edge, power through soft broken snow and skiing very smoothly in varied conditions.

Visiting Keystone Resort to ski or snowboard this winter? Make sure to purchase you lift tickets in advance and save with a Mountain Sports Club membership. Purchase your tickets at least 7 days in advance and save up to 30%. Mountain Sports Club Members save even more with member’s only promotions code.

No comments:

Post a Comment